Welcome

This is the live music department of the Steel Toad Song Swamp Music Forum,
http://steeltoadsongswamp.com/index.php?action=login

and click ' HOME' for a look
The music is posted here to reflect the discussion or to help bring an artist or group to the attention of the other members.



Copy and Paste all Mediafire links to your browser or click on live links.
I will re-up dead links, just ask.



Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Louden Wainwright 111



Bethlehem,
PA 1990/03/23

This is the early show and it presents Louden at his very best. I saw him first at 'The Pavilion' in Glasgow around this time, and many times since. He is one of the best live acts I have ever seen, a talented writer and performer and funny too, spontaneously like a great comic, not from a rehearsed script. If he is passing by your door he is worth the effort to go out and see. This is a great set list, entertaining, with superb sound quality, and I've left it in flac because it deserves to be heard that way. It's as close as you'll get to being there and worth the effort.


Early set:

01. People In Love
02. The Doctor
03. I'm Alright
04. Stage Talk
05. They Spelled My Name Wrong Again
06. Stage Talk
07. Thanksgiving
08. Stage Talk
09. You Don't Want To Know
10. Unhappy Anniversary
11. Your Mother and I
12. Me And All The Other Mothers
13. Stage Talk
14. Aphrodisiac
15 This Song Don't Have A Video
16. Stage Talk
17. School Days
18. Be Careful There's a Baby In The House
19. Stage Talk
20 Jesse Don't Like It
21. Sometimes I Forget That You're Gone
22. A Hard Day On The Planet

Three Downloads, Hard work I know but worth it. If there's enough interest I'll even post the Late Show.
http://www.mediafire.com/?a1ixqphxadz7ipx
http://www.mediafire.com/?bawhcsgq0li5d6x
http://www.mediafire.com/?zie99ybcnn2b8gx

1 comment:

  1. I met Loudon in the 70s. As charming off as on stage. Loved the early albums so i'm catching up on this period. Thanks Dan

    ReplyDelete