Welcome

This is the live music department of the Steel Toad Song Swamp Music Forum,
http://steeltoadsongswamp.com/index.php?action=login

and click ' HOME' for a look
The music is posted here to reflect the discussion or to help bring an artist or group to the attention of the other members.



Copy and Paste all Mediafire links to your browser or click on live links.
I will re-up dead links, just ask.



Saturday, 11 September 2010

The Velvet Underground 1966

The Velvet Underground

Lou Reed and the Velvet Underground
One of the iconic groups of the 60's, the real talent lay in the lyrics of Lou Reed but they made some real, honest and exiting music.My first exposure to Lou Reed was 'Transformer' and I've followed his solo carreer since 'New York' which is probably my favorite over the years but tastes change. I've collected a few shows as well and I'll put them up if there is an interest, I thought I'd start at the beginning
and if you start looking and listening you'll find that it's not so easy to get good quality 'velvet underground' either due to the recording quality or lets face it they could be a bit off, this is a great recording of a fairly well known boot from 1966. And I don't want to seem too critical of Nico's singing or any of the playing, I like off key music, I myself cleared an extremly busy bar one evening after only three or four songs of a twelve song set, In my defence I'd had a bad throat and had taken to the Rum and Green Ginger cure- all too readily by the third song 100 or so revelers had been reduced to an old woodcutter who had spent his last 30 years with his ear to a chainsaw, a traumatised Barmaid who's face registered terror and pity in equal measure and a young ,smiling couple who had obviously met at the school for the tone deaf or more likely were actually deaf and were lip-reading, the lyrics were pretty good. All the details are on the first 3 downloads.

Track listing:
01 - European Son (8:52)
02 - The Black Angel's Death Song (3:14)
03 - All Tomorrow's Parties (5:52)
04 - I'll Be Your Mirror (2:10)
05 - Heroin (6:12)
06 - Femme Fatale (2:36)
07 - Venus In Furs (4:29)
08 - I'm Waiting For The Man (4:10)
09 - Run Run Run (4:23)


Track 1. Sounds like they have just been given their instruments and have five minutes
to learn how to play them.
Track 2. I keep waiting for a Motherly voice saying 'put that nice violin down before you break it'
sometimes it sounds great though.
Track 3. Okay Nico doesn't have the voice of an Angel but I love this track the sum of
the parts makes something greater.East Indian and Scottish mouth music.
Track 4. Nico enunciates like a tone deaf Duchess on this lovely song, another highlight.
Track 5. Controversial, honest and brave or subversive 'thank God that I just don't care,
and I thank God that I'm not aware.'
Track 6. This plays like a French chanson, easy listen.
Track 7. Great version great lyric and sound apart from the tambourine player. How can anyone
be so out of time with an instrument that you could teach a Monkey how to play in 20 minutes,
he should have been wearing it round his neck by the second verse. I have only heard worse
once at the Elvis comeback special, I'll try and find a link.
Track 8. Great version of a classic track.
Track 9. Another good version.

Download all three before opening the flac files. The forth is an mp3 version at 320kbs of the whole thing if you just want to check it out.

Dl 1.http://www.mediafire.com/?26d7d0cms9abrde
Dl 2.http://www.mediafire.com/?cyj5kf3zm2bsv11
Dl 3.http://www.mediafire.com/?2m10jhlb27jrwy9



Or Mp3 without artwork or details.
Dl http://www.mediafire.com/?j44re3gszr88kjw

No comments:

Post a Comment