Welcome

This is the live music department of the Steel Toad Song Swamp Music Forum,
http://steeltoadsongswamp.com/index.php?action=login

and click ' HOME' for a look
The music is posted here to reflect the discussion or to help bring an artist or group to the attention of the other members.



Copy and Paste all Mediafire links to your browser or click on live links.
I will re-up dead links, just ask.



Thursday, 3 June 2010

Bob Dylan Vorst National Brussels 2000

OK, what I'd like to do here is start by posting as many of the concerts I've attended personally as I can along with some others that I've picked up along the way that stand out for me in some way, tell what little I remember and add a link or two to some sensible reviews or other info if there is any. This was the second time I'd been over to Brussels for a Bob gig , the first being '95 and this one was probably the standout of the three, though they were all great shows in their own way. Great opener which I didn't recognise, standing in the doorway, a song I loved at the time, tell me that it isn't true and an amazing If dogs run free. I remember during the concert thinking ' I wish those other guys would shut up and let bob sing it himself but in listening back the harmony's sound pretty good too.

set list.
1.Duncan And Brady (acoustic)
2.To Ramona (acoustic) (Larry on mandolin)
3.It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) (acoustic) (Charlie on dobro)
4.Don't Think Twice, It's All Right (acoustic)
5.Tangled Up In Blue (acoustic)
6.Searching For A Soldier's Grave (acoustic) (Larry on mandolin)
(song by Johnnie Wright, Jim Anglin and Jack Anglin)
7.Country Pie
8.Standing In The Doorway
9.Tombstone Blues
10.Tell Me That It Isn't True
11.Cold Irons Bound
12.Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
(encore)
13.Things Have Changed
14.Like A Rolling Stone
15.If Dogs Run Free (acoustic) (Larry on electric guitar)
16.Seeing The Real You At Last
17.I Shall Be Released (acoustic)
18.Highway 61 Revisited
19.Blowin' In The Wind (acoustic)


CD. 1
http://drop.io/pext1b6

CD. 2

http://drop.io/ckyf5e8


If you like to read reviews they're here
http://www.boblinks.com/100200r.html

1 comment:

  1. This is Terrific! Everything worked perfect, you presented it wonderfully and to top it all off - i'm not even familiar with the opening song - 'Duncan and Brady' although i've read it mentioned i don't remember hearing it.. what a delight. The sound is fabulous and i couldn't be more appreciative. Thank You very much. -i'm really looking forward to.... 'If Dogs Run Free'.

    ReplyDelete